IYT Master of Yachts Limited 200 Tons
- The IYT Master of Yachts Limited 200 Tons course is aimed at the individual that either wants to expand his knowledge greatly or would like to work professionally on a yacht in any capacity.
- If you want to work in the marine industry as captain on yachts above 24 meter.
- The IYT MOY Ltd 200 Tons is accredited by the MCA to work as captain on a yacht up to 200 tons or mate up to 500 tons.
- This course is not designed for beginners.
To receive your IYT Master of Yachts Limited 200 Tons qualification, you will need to complete the below listed course components:
- A six day comprehensive high level shore based course, including assessment papers and a final written exam. It is highly recommended to do 30 hours of study prior to joining the course due to the high standard of passing required.
- A five day practical which is conducted on the sea school yacht. You will live on board for the total duration of the course, learning all skills necessary to become a IYT Master of Yachts.
- At the end of the 5 days on day# 6 the final exam will be conducted by an external IYT Master of Yachts examiner (very advanced oral and practical test on board of the training yacht).
Each of these courses are stand-alone courses and have not to be taken at the same time. However, it is recommended that you take them as close to each other as possible in order to retain as much information as you can.
- Candidates should have logged 50 days (24 hours) and 3.000 miles at sea. This mileage must be logged on genuine cruises or passages but not short day trips. The candidate must have spent considerable time engaged in actual vessel handling.
- Pre-requisite sea time experience must have been obtained within the last 5 years.
- Thirty hours on watch at night underway as an active member of a yacht's crew. “Night,” in this context, is defined as the time between sunset and sunrise.
- Evidence of sea time may be in a variety of formats but the document must clearly state the mileage (minimum 3.000 NM), night watch keeping hours (at least 30) and the position of responsibility in which the candidate was functioning (at least watch leader).
Valid STCW Basic Safety Training qualification including STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness.
VHF SRC certificate.
Copy of passport (visa page not required).
2 color passport sized photos.
A valid MCA medical examination (ENG1) signed and stamped by an MCA approved doctor.
The nautical knowledge should correspond to IYT Master of Yachts Coastal or similar.