IYT International Bareboat Skipper
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper course is aimed at people interested to expand their knowledge about using nautical charts and gain experience helming a boat with twin inboard engines.
You will be eligible to receive the DMCA license 24 meter.
You can apply for the MCA ICC <24 meter required in many European countries.
- If you want to rent or drive your own boat up to 78ft / 24 meter this licence is essential.
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper certificate is an international licence accepted by the majority of charter companies worldwide.
- This course is designed for an individual with some experience on yachts.
- Dual certification possible FMA Boat Driving License 24 M
To receive your International Bareboat skipper qualification, you will need to complete:
- 4 full days or 7 evening classes comprehensive shore based theory course, including assessment papers.
- Three days practical training incl. night cruise (approx. 21 hours). You will be assessed on the final practical day.
- Training vessel is our 16 meter Sunseeker Manhattan 50 PEARL
- Written theory exam
Further included benefits
- Coffee or tea during theory
- Marine Concept T-shirt
- Training sea chart 3176 for personal use
- Portland plotter and divider and UK 5011 book can be borrowed
- During practical training there are always 2 instructors on board
- Dual certification included = FMA Boat Driving License 24 Meter (for eligible candidates)
Minimum Age: 18
IYT International Bareboatskipper
IYT Marine Communications VHF SRC licence or similar certificate
Logged 200 nautical miles on board a power vessel with a minimum of 10 days at sea
Candidates who do not have 200 nautical miles may take this course and gain miles during the course.
For dual certification with FMA Boat Driving License 24 M, additional entry requirement: