STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
This is a one day course which is instructed compliant with STCW Code A - VI/1-4 as revised by the 2010 Manila Amendment.
The course module is part of the mandatory STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training course, which also includes:
STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (optional)
The course consists of approx. 8 hours theory in our classroom covering:
- Working relationships on board
- Health and hygiene
- Drugs and alcohol
- Shipboard management structure and responsibilities
- Emergencies and safe working practices
- with enhanced coverage of communications
- control of fatigue
- marine environmental awareness issues
The course is followed by a written exam.
Minimum age is 16 years