IYT Master of Yachts Coastal
- The IYT Master of Yachts Coastal course is aimed at people interested to expand their knowledge greatly or would like to work professionally on a yacht.
- If you want to work internationally in the marine industry as a captain on a vessel up to 78ft / 24 meter or crew on a vessel up to 200 tons this licence is essential.
- The IYT Master of Yachts Coastal is globally accepted and accredited by MCA
- This course is not designed for beginners.
To receive your IYT Master of Yachts Coastal qualification, you will need to complete the below listed training
1. One and a half days shore based course, including assessment papers and a final written exam. It is highly recommended to study prior to joining the course.
2. Five and a half days practical which is conducted on the sea school yacht Sunseeker Manhattan 50 PEARL. Here you will live on board for the total duration of the course, learning all skills necessary to become an IYT Master of Yachts.
3. On the last day an external IYT MOY examiner will assess each student practically and through oral examination.
1. Candidates should have logged 25 days (24 hours), night watch keeping hours (at least 12) and 800 miles at sea. Verification of yachting experience must be signed by the skipper of the yacht on which the candidate was sailing. Candidates claiming sea time during times when they were acting as captain may sign their own entries, but will need independent proof that can be verified by IYT.
2. Valid STCW Basic Safety Training qualification including STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA).
3. VHF SRC certificate.
4. Copy of passport (visa page not required).
5. 2 color passport sized photos. Print candidates name on the back of both.
6. A valid MCA medical examination (ENG1) signed and stamped by an MCA approved doctor.
7. IYT International Bareboat Skipper or similar qualification would be a huge benefit.