STCW Elementary First Aid
One day STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) course module which is instructed in compliance to STCW Code A-VI/1-3.
The course module is part of the mandatory STCW Basic Safety Training course, which also includes:
STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (optional)
The course consists of approximately eight hours of theory and practical training in our classroom covering basic First Aid and CPR in marine situations.
The course learning objective is to understand what to do in case of a medical emergency or accident, how to apply elementary first aid techniques and is covering subjects as:
- Assessment of needs and threats to own safety
- Body Structure and functions
- Position casualty
- Resuscitation techniques
- Control Bleeding
- Basis shock measures
- Burns and scalds
- Rescue and transport a casualty
- Bandages and use material in the emergency kit
The course is followed by a written exam.
- Minimum age is 16 years.
- Medical and health declaration required.
- Please contact us for the current COVID-19 precautionary measures.