FTA Small Boat Driving License Course 24 meter
- The FTA Small Boat Driving License 24 m is required to drive boats up to 24 meter within U.A.E.
- If you want to work in the marine industry as captain or if you want to drive a pleasure boat below 24m within U.A.E., this licence is essential.
- Marine Concept has been authorised by the FTA of the United Arab Emirates to conduct the FTA Boat Driving License 24 m course.
- Marine Concept is the sole approved training institute to conduct the FTA SBDL 24 m in Dubai.
- You will be eligible to apply for the Dubai Marine Driving License 24 meter, required in Dubai and issued by DMCA
- Dual certification included: IYT International Bareboat Skipper if you like to use the license internationally
You can apply for the below listed local and federal licenses
- FTA Small Boat Driving License - Pleasure Boat up to 24m
- FTA Small Boat Driving License - Commercial Boat up to 24m (T&C apply)
- Dubai Pleasure Marine Craft Driving License - up to 24m
- Dubai Commercial Marine Craft Driving License - up to 24m (T&C apply)
Next steps - nautical progression
Commercial Boat Driving License requirements:
If you require a commercial boat driving license, you have to attend the further below listed courses:
International Boat Driving License:
The widely internationally accepted IYT International Bareboat Skipper certificate is included in our fees. So you get two different = dual certifications by attending our course.
FTA Yachtmaster less than 200 GT
The FTA SBDL 24m course is the mandatory basic course, if you want to proceed further and obtain the FTA Yachtmaster less than 200 GT.
FTA Small Boat Driving License 24 m
To receive your FTA Boat Driving License 24 Meter Course Completion Certificate, the below listed training needs to be attended:
- 4 full days or 7 evening classes comprehensive shore based theory course, including assessment papers.
- Three days practical training incl. night cruise (approx. 21 hours). You will be assessed on the final practical day.
- Training vessel is our 16 meter Sunseeker Manhattan 50 PEARL
- Written theory exam
- additional 1 full day IYT VHF SRC theory and practical course
Further included benefits
- Breakfast snack, lunch or dinner (where applicable)
- Coffee and tea during theory
- Marine Concept T-shirt and base cap
- Training sea chart 3176 for personal use
- Portland plotter and divider and UK 5011 book can be borrowed
- During practical training there are always 2 instructors on board
- Dual certification = IYT International Bareboat Skipper
Our detailed course syllabus is available upon request.
• The minimum age of the applicant is 18 years to obtain the Pleasure FTA SBDL 24 meter
• The applicant must hold a FTA SBDL 12 M issued by an approved FTA training institute
• The IYT VHF SRC course required for the course can be taken separately.
- in addition to the Pleasure requirements listed above:
• The minimum age of the applicant is 18 years to obtain the Commercial FTA SBDL 24 m
• The applicant needs to provide a valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate
♦ STCW Personal Survival Techniques
♦ STCW Elementary First Aid
♦ STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
♦ STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities