FMA Small Boat Driving License 24 meter
- The FMA Small Boat Driving License 24 m is required to drive boats up to 24 meter within U.A.E.
- If you want to work in the marine industry as captain or if you want to drive a pleasure boat below 24m within U.A.E., this licence is essential.
- Marine Concept has been authorised by the FMA of the United Arab Emirates to conduct the FMA Small Boat Driving License 24 m course.
- Marine Concept is the first approved training institute to conduct the FMA SBDL 24 m in Dubai.
- You will be eligible to apply for the Dubai Marine Driving License 24 meter, required in Dubai and issued by the Dubai Maritime Authority.
- Dual certification included: IYT International Bareboat Skipper if you like to use the license internationally
You can apply for the below listed local and federal licenses
- FMA Small Boat Driving License - Pleasure Boat up to 24m
- FMA Small Boat Driving License - Commercial Boat up to 24m (T&C apply)
- Dubai Pleasure Marine Craft Driving License - up to 24m
- Dubai Commercial Marine Craft Driving License - up to 24m (T&C apply)
Next steps - nautical progression
Commercial Boat Driving License requirements:
If you require a commercial boat driving license, you have to attend the further below listed courses:
International Boat Driving License:
The widely internationally accepted IYT International Bareboat Skipper certificate is included in our fees. You get two different = dual certifications by attending our course (T&C apply).
FMA Yachtmaster less than 200 GT
The FMA SBDL 24m course is the mandatory basic course, if you want to proceed further and obtain the FMA Yachtmaster less than 200 GT.
FMA Small Boat Driving License 24 m
To receive your FMA Boat Driving License 24 Meter Course Completion Certificate, the below listed training needs to be attended:
- 4 full days or 7 evening classes comprehensive shore based theory course, including assessment papers.
- Three days practical training incl. night cruise (approx. 21 hours). You will be assessed on the final practical day.
- Training vessel is our 16 meter Sunseeker Manhattan 50 PEARL
- Written theory exam
- additional 1 full day IYT VHF SRC theory and practical course
Further included benefits
- Coffee and tea during theory
- Marine Concept T-shirt
- Training sea chart 3176 for personal use
- Portland plotter and divider and UK 5011 book can be borrowed
- During practical training there are always 2 instructors on board
- Dual certification = IYT International Bareboat Skipper
Our detailed course syllabus is available upon request.
• The minimum age of the applicant is 18 years to obtain the Pleasure FMA SBDL 24 meter
• The applicant must hold a valid FMA SBDL 12 M
• The IYT VHF SRC course required for the course can be taken separately.
- in addition to the Pleasure requirements listed above:
• The minimum age of the applicant is 18 years to obtain the Commercial FMA SBDL 24 m
• The applicant needs to provide a valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate
♦ STCW Personal Survival Techniques
♦ STCW Elementary First Aid
♦ STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
♦ STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities