FTA Small Boat Driving License 12 meter
- The FTA Small Boat Driving License 12m is compulsory to drive small boats less than 12 meter within U.A.E.
- If you want to work in the marine industry as crew or if you want to drive a pleasure boat within U.A.E., this licence is essential.
- The Marine Concept FTA Small Boat Driving License course is accredited by the Federal Transport Authority (FTA) of the U.A.E.
- The course is approved by the Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA).
- This course is designed for beginners or as a refresher for more experienced boaters and crew.
- International valid dual certification: IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master
You can apply for the below listed local and federal licenses
- FTA Small Boat Driving License - Pleasure Boat up to 12m
- FTA Small Boat Driving License - Commercial Boat up to 12m (T&C apply)
- Dubai Pleasure Marine Craft Driving License - up to 12m
- Dubai Commercial Marine Craft Driving License - up to 12m (T&C apply)
Next steps - nautical progression
Commercial Boat Driving License requirements:
If you require a commercial boat driving license, you have to attend the further below listed courses:
International Boat Driving License:
We highly recommend to sit a second exam (at charge) and obtain the widely internationally accepted IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master.
24 meter Boat Driving License:
The FTA SBDL 12m course is the mandatory basic course, if you want to proceed further and gain the FTA Small Boat Driving License up to 24 meter.
FTA Small Boat Driving License 12 m
To receive your FTA Small Boat Driving Licence 12m Course Completion Certificate (CCC), you need to complete the below listed course itinerary:
1. A one day (8 – 9 hours) intensive theory course, covering elements of safety, rules, buoys, knots and more.
2. A one day (5 – 7 hours) practical. The practical training is conducted on our GC Marine 31 ZAHRA or Silvercraft 38 GAVIOTA training yachts. You will learn essential techniques such as berthing, practical rope work, manoeuvring, steering by compass, MOB and more.
3. Theory exam (1 hour) - second exam for IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master optional (at charge)
4. Night cruise (1 hour) - usually after the theory on day #1
Our detailed course syllabus is available upon request.
Minimum Age: 16 years
This course is designed for beginners or to refresh the basics of seamanship for experienced boat owners and captains.