FTA Small Boat Driving License 12 meter
- The FTA Small Boat Driving License is compulsory to drive small boats within U.A.E.
- If you want to work in the marine industry as crew or if you want to drive a pleasure boat within U.A.E., this licence is essential.
- Marine Concept has been authorised by the FTA of the United Arab Emirates to conduct FTA Small Boat Driving License course.
- This course is designed for beginners or as a refresher for more experienced boaters and crew.
- International valid dual certification: IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master
To receive your FTA Small Boat Driving Licence Course Completion Certificate (CCC), you need to complete the below listed course itinerary:
1. A one day (8 – 9 hours) intensive theory course, covering elements of safety, rules, buoys, knots and more.
2. A one day (5 – 7 hours) practical. The practical training is conducted on our GC Marine 31 ZAHRA or Silvercraft 38 GAVIOTA training yachts. You will learn essential techniques such as berthing, practical rope work, manoeuvring, steering by compass, MOB and more.
3. Theory exam (1 hour)
4. Night cruise (1 hour) - usually after the theory on day #1
Our detailed course syllabus is available upon request.
Minimum Age: 16 years
This course is designed for beginners or to refresh the basics of seamanship for experienced boat owners and captains.