STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness
The STCW PSA course is a half day module which is instructed in compliance with STCW Reg V1/6 and Part A of Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4.
All seafarers at all levels employed or engaged on yachts, ships or any other vessels to which the ISPS Code applies need to be aware of new requirements for STCW compliance.
STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness training is required for all crew who do not have a designated security duty working in any capacity in the professional yachting and shipping industry.
STCW Basic Safety Training course
The course module is not a part of the mandatory STCW Basic Safety Training course, including below listed 4 modules:
You need the STCW PSA course and certification:
- If you want to apply for a job on a cruise ship.
- If you want to work on super yachts or on any other ISPS coded yacht, ship or vessel.
- If you attend MCA approved courses like IYT Master of Yachts Coastal or IYT MOY Ltd. 200 Tons.
- To increase your career chances as you can apply for jobs on ISPS coded vessels
The course consists of approx. 4 hours theory in our classroom covering:
- Maritime security key threats like piracy and armed robbery.
- Knowledge of international maritime security policy and responsibilities
- Security levels, measures and procedures aboard ships and in port facilities
- Security reporting procedures and contingency plans
- Recognition and awareness of security threats
- Plans and procedures for combatting threats, training, drills and exercise
- Minimum age 16 years
- Please contact us for the current COVID-19 precautionary measures.