STCW 2010 Refresher Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
About this course
Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting refresher / updating training (duration – one day)
The module is instructed in compliance with STCW Code A – VI/1-2. It covers the practical competencies as set out in the STCW Code (as amended) regarding Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting and which currently includes:
- shipboard firefighting
- the donning and use of personal protective equipment and self-contained breathing apparatus
- the selection and use of appropriate hoses, nozzles and fire extinguishers
- extinguishing a flammable liquid fire using various types of fire suppression agents
- casualty rescue from smoke filled/blacked out accommodation
The module will be of not less than 7 hours duration during which candidates will be subject to continuous assessment by a qualified instructor.
Please note that the MCA accepts the Marshall Islands Basic Refresher / Updating Training for Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
Eligibility for STCW (FP&FF) refresher / updating training modules
- All Candidates must be in good physical condition and capable of moderate exertion during the firefighting simulation exercises.
- Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to 1 August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses;
- Seafarers who have a verified certificate of proficiency in fire prevention and fire fighting issued under the authority of other IMO white listed administrations will be acceptable
09:00 – 09:30 Transfer to Jebel Ali by bus (incl. in the fees)
09:30 – 17:00 Practical Training including lunch break
17:00 – 17:30 Transfer back to Al Barsha Business Center