IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master course
WHAT IS THE IYT SMALL POWERBOAT AND RIB MASTER COURSE?
• The IYT Small Powerboat and RIB Master course is aimed at the individual that has no experience and would like to know the introduction to boating.
• If you want to work in the marine industry as crew, this licence is essential.
• The IYT SPB course is a commercially recognised course by the MCA of Great Britain, DMCA and the FTA of the United Arab Emirates.
• This course is designed for beginners or as a refresher course for the avid yachtsman.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME CONSIST OF?
To receive your IYT Small Powerboat and RIB Master qualification, you will need to complete the following:
1. A one day (8 – 10 hours) intensive theory course, covering elements of safety, rules, buoys, knots and more.
2. A one day (5 – 7 hours) practical. This is conducted on our GC Marine 31 or Silvercraft 38 training yachts. Learning essential techniques such as berthing, rope work, manoeuvring, MOB and more.
3. Theory exam (1 hour)
4. Night cruise (1 hour) - after the theory on day #1 in order to comply with the legislation of DMCA
WILL I BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE?
Yes, you will be eligible to apply for the Dubai Marine Driving License below 12 meters. Find more information about the application here.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COST?
The course fees are AED 2.750 including the theory and practical training, night cruise on course day #1, the exam and CC style IYT certificate.