IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master | FTA SBDL course
WHAT IS THE IYT SMALL POWERBOAT AND RIB MASTER COURSE?
• The IYT Small Powerboat and RIB Master course is aimed at the individual that has no experience and would like to know the introduction to boating.
• If you want to work in the marine industry as crew, this licence is essential.
• The IYT SPB course is a commercially recognised course by the MCA of Great Britain and DMCA
• This course is designed for beginners or as a refresher course for the avid yachtsman.
• Dual certification possible FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE 12 M
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME CONSIST OF?
To receive your IYT Small Powerboat and RIB Master qualification, you will need to complete the following:
1. A one day (8 – 10 hours) intensive theory course, covering elements of safety, rules, buoys, knots and more.
2. A one day (5 – 7 hours) practical. This is conducted on our GC Marine 31 or Silvercraft 38 training yachts. Learning essential techniques such as berthing, rope work, manoeuvring, MOB and more.
3. Theory exam (1 hour)
4. Night cruise (1 hour) - after the theory on day #1 in order to comply with the legislation of DMCA
WILL I BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE?
Yes, you will be eligible to apply for the Dubai Marine Driving License below 12 meters. Find more information about the application here.
WILL I BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE?
Yes, dual certification is possible if you sit a second exam. You will be able to apply for the FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE up to 12 meter.
If you have been a student of Marine Concept in the past and hold an IYT certificate, please contact us for the procedure how to obtain the FTA license
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COST?
Please enquire for the course fees including the theory and practical training, night cruise on course day #1, snacks and beverages, Marine Concept T-Shirt and Cap, the exam and CC style IYT certificate. Optional at extra charge FTA SBDL second exam and FTA Course Completion Certificate. Our rates include 5% VAT.