IYT International Bareboat Skipper course
WHAT IS THE IYT INTERNATIONAL BAREBOAT SKIPPER COURSE?
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper course is aimed at the individual that either wants to expand his knowledge about using nautical charts and gain experience helming a boat with twin inboard engines.
- If you want to rent or drive your own boat up to 78ft this licence is essential.
- The IYT International Bareboat Skipper certificate is an international licence accepted by the majority of charter companies worldwide.
- This course is designed for an individual with some experience on yachts.
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME CONSIST OF?
To receive your International Bareboat skipper qualification, you will need to complete the following:
- A seven half day comprehensive shore based course, including assessment papers and a final written exam.
- A three day practical which is conducted on our Sunseeker Manhattan 50 PEARL. Here we will learn passage planning and some technical manoeuvring. You will be assessed on the final practical day.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- VHF Radio Operator licence
- IYT Small Powerboat and Rib Master course or similar qualification OR
- Logged 200 nautical miles on board a power vessel with a minimum or 10 days at sea
WILL I BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE?
Yes, you will be able to obtain the Dubai Marine Driving License up to 24 meters PLEASURE or COMMERCIAL. Find more information about the application here.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COST?
The course fees are AED 10.900 including the theory and practical training, course notes, the theory and practical exam and CC style IYT certificate.
Further course material: divider and chart plotter, training sea chart #3176, UK 5011 AED 600.