FTA Small Boat Driving License course 12 meter
WHAT IS THE FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE COURSE?
• The FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE is compulsory to drive small boats within U.A.E.
• If you want to work in the marine industry as crew or if you want to drive a pleasure boat within U.A.E., this licence is essential.
• Marine Concept has been authorised by the FTA of the United Arab Emirates to conduct FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE course.
• This course is designed for beginners or as a refresher for more experienced boaters and crew.
• Dual certification possible IYT SMALL POWERBOAT & RIB MASTER
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME CONSIST OF?
To receive your FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE, you will need to complete:
1. A one day (8 – 10 hours) intensive theory course, covering elements of safety, rules, buoys, knots and more.
2. A one day (5 – 7 hours) practical. This is conducted on our GC Marine 31 or Silvercraft 38 training yachts. Learning essential techniques such as berthing, rope work, manoeuvring, MOB etc. Followed by a practical exam.
3. Theory exam (1 hour)
4. Night cruise (1 hour) - after the theory on day #1
WILL I BE ABLE TO RECEIVE THE FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE?
Yes, you will be eligible to apply for the FTA SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE up to 12 meters.
Provided that you comply with the requirements listed below:
• The applicant must provide a medical fitness certificate
• The non UAE citizen applicant must have a valid residency in U.A.E.
• The applicant must have passed successfully the theory and practical examination
• The minimum age of the applicant is 16 years to obtain the PLEASURE SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE up to 12 meter
• The minimum age of the applicant is 18 years to obtain the COMMERCIAL SMALL BOAT DRIVING LICENSE up to 12 meter
• The applicant needs to provide a valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate (STCW 78 as amended
♦ Personal Survival Techniques
♦ Elementary First Aid
♦ Elementary Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
♦ Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COST?
Please enquire for the course fees including the theory and practical training, night cruise on course day #1, snacks and beverages, Marine Concept T-Shirt and Cap, the exam and FTA Course Completion Certificate. Optional at extra charge IYT SPB second exam and IYT credit card style certificate.
Please contact us for more information via email or call our office