Dubai Pleasure Marine Craft Driving License
WHO REQUIRES THE DUBAI - DMCA MARINE CRAFT DRIVING LICENSE?
- Any person using a private or commercial marine craft within Dubai's territorial waters needs to hold a certified license from Dubai Maritime City Authority.
- Boatowners or crew of vessels registered in other Emirates will require a Dubai license if they anchor, if they are fishing or do any other watersports activity. If these vessels are only cruising in Dubai waters, no license is required, but highly recommended.
- The license is mandatory since the 1st of January 2015
WHICH LICENSES WILL BE REQUIRED AND ISSUED?
Pleasure Marine Crafts
- Dubai Marine Driving License - below 12 meters
- Dubai Marine Driving License - up to 24 meters
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR THE PLEASURE LICENSE AND THE VALIDITY?
For the license up to 12 m the minimum age is 16 years. For the license from 12 to 24 meter the minimum age is 18 years. The pleasure license has a validity of 5 years.
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
The fees are AED 610 for the DMCA license and AED 200 for the medical, for medical express service AED 300 (subject to changes)
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE - PLEASURE BELOW 12 M?
- The applicant holds an IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master
- It is possible to waive this condition:
a) The applicant submits any proof of driving a marine craft experience for not less than one year in the Emirates.
b) In addition the applicant should pass the test conducted by the Authority to drive a pleasure marine craft up to (12) meters.
c) The exam will consist of different types of questions covering safety, navigation, buoys, Rules of the Road etc.
- Applicants holding other qualifications than the IYT licenses or foreign certificates are kindly requested to contact the DMCA licensing department:
a) the applicant should apply for Certificate Equation
b) and submit all the required documents to be reviewed by the Authority to assure that it matched with its certified rules & regulations.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE - PLEASURE up to 24 M?
- The applicant holds an IYT International Bareboat Skipper or IYT Master of Yachts Coastal or higher qualification.
- Applicants holding other qualifications than the IYT licenses are kindly requested to contact the DMCA licensing department.
WHICH DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE APPLICATION?
1. Application for Marine Crew Licensing
2. One recent personal photograph with white colour background
3. Passport, UAE family book or Emirates Identity card copy for UAE national
4. or Passport, UAE valid visa or Emirates Identity card copy for expatriates
5. NOC from sponsor for Non-UAE national
6. Original Driving License like IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master up to 12 m or the IYT International Bareboatskipper up to 24 m)
7. MED 3 form (Medical Declaration Fitness certificate) can be signed by the applicant, including a colour vision test in DMCA office.
8. Copies of all above listed documents and certificates
I NEED ADVISE, WHERE WILL I GET MORE INFORMATION, APPLICATION FORMS, MEDICAL FORMS ETC.?
- Dubai Maritime City Authority - Toll Free Number 800 8855
- Marine Concept Office in Al Barsha Business Centre - Office 611, Dubai.
Phone: +971 4 395 8022 or Hotline: +971 55 960 3030
Marine Concept | Dubai Marine Craft Driving License | Pleasure Marine Driving License