Dubai Commercial Marine Craft Driving License
WHO REQUIRES THE DUBAI - DMCA MARINE CRAFT DRIVING LICENSE?
- Any person using a private or commercial marine craft within Dubai's territorial waters needs to hold a certified license from Dubai Maritime City Authority.
- Boatowners or crew of vessels registered in other Emirates will require a Dubai license if they anchor, if they are fishing or do any other watersports activity. If these vessels are only cruising in Dubai waters, no license is required, but highly recommended.
- The license is mandatory since the 1st of January 2015
WHICH LICENSES WILL BE REQUIRED AND ISSUED?
Commercial Marine Crafts - for further categories like engineering, Master below 500 GT, Dhow Cruise Master Inland, Heritage Abra Operator etc. for detailed info and individual requirements, please check with DMCA licensing department:
- Dubai Commercial Marine Driving License - up to 12 or 24 meters
- Dubai Marine Staff Permit - Seaman permit
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE FOR THE COMMERCIAL LICENSES AND THE VALIDITY?
18 years is the minimum age and the license has a validity of 3 years
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
The fees are AED 900 for the DMCA license and AED 600 for the medical normal service, for medical express service AED 800 (subject to changes). A valid ENG1 is acceptable.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE DUBAI MARINE DRIVING LICENSE - COMMERCIAL UP TO 12 or 24 M?
- Up to 12 meter: The applicant holds an IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master
- Up to 24 meter: The applicant holds an IYT International Bareboat Skipper or IYT Master of Yachts Coastal
- For Dhows in inland waters / floating restaurants: The applicant holds an IYT Dhow Cruise Master Inland
- IYT VHF Radio Operator (or equivalent)
- STCW95 BST certificate (valid)
- Applicants holding other qualifications than the IYT licenses are kindly requested to contact the DMCA licensing department
WHICH DOCUMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE APPLICATION?
1. Application for Marine Crew Licensing
2. One recent personal photograph with white colour background
3. Passport, UAE family book or Emirates Identity card copy for UAE national
4. or Passport, UAE valid visa or Emirates Identity card copy for expatriates
5. NOC from sponsor for Non-UAE national
6. Original Driving License like IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master up to 12 m or the IYT International Bareboatskipper up to 24 m)
7. Certificate for attending maritime communication skills like IYT VHF Radio Operator
8. Medical fitness certificate from approved medical center (International Modern Hospital - Dubai)
9. Certificate of good conduct from Dubai Police
10. Copies of all above listed certificates and documents
I NEED ADVISE, WHERE WILL I GET MORE INFORMATION, APPLICATION FORMS, COURSES REQUIRED ETC.?
- Dubai Maritime City Authority - Toll Free Number 800 8855
- Marine Concept Office in Al Barsha Business Centre - Office 611, Dubai.
Phone: +971 4 395 8022 or Hotline: +971 55 960 3030
Marine Concept | Dubai Marine Craft Driving License | Commercial Marine Driving License